Monday, August 2, 2010

Letter to Kristy









Went by your house today to let the carpet guys in. I was not prepared for the wave of emotion that hit me. Seeing your house so quiet and empty was sad. My un- controll- able crying reminded me of the time we watched 99 Balloons together when we were both pregnant. What were we thinking? Then I started to think about being pregnant together, being there through each others deliveries, going to see Dr. McAlpine together.
Your house was the first stop coming home with Gator and the first place I met Claire. It's where Joshua learned to walk and where Melo and Andrew learned to get along...kind of. Sleepovers with no sleep and all the Dr. Pepper and McDonalds our hearts could handle. Thank you for always making us feel at home in your home.
I let my mind wander and began to think about all those years sharing a room-16 I think. Who would have guessed that one day I would be heart broken to live apart. I guess we've been spoiled all these years- sharing a room, going to college together, having our families together... There is really no time in my life that you have not played a significant role.
Thanks for being the best roommie, co-worker, junk food supplier, partner in crime, listener, advice giver, example, aunt, sister and friend anyone could ask for.
I LOVE YOU
PS- I have $7 in my Cali fund. I'll try not to spend it at McDonalds tonight...no promises (I learned from the best).

No comments:

Post a Comment