Thursday, July 2, 2015

Java for Joy

I am going to turn back into that obnoxious person begging you to get involved in our adoption again...sorry...sort of. This thing is expensive and we spent so much already the first time around. I want my Joy home but I also want to stay financially able to provide for her medical needs and therapies (which there will be many!) when she gets here. So while taking out a loan is an option and we will if it comes down to it, our preference is to cut back everywhere, take on extra work and fundraise fundraise fundraise!

So for the month of July I am asking all my coffee loving friends to trade their java for a little bit of JOY! Instead of stopping at Starbucks (or wherever you get your caffeine fix), would you be willing to make that sacrifice and set that amount aside for our Joy baby!

Of course I'm not just gonna take your money, so we've got a little raffle going too. Every time you give up your coffee and give to her fund instead I will add an entry to our giveaway for a great coffee-lovers prize!

There are 2 ways to give.

Paypal is the easiest. Just use the email sarah.m.holt@gmail.com

or use our FSP with this link for a tax deductible donation.

Don't forget to let me know when you do so I can get you in the drawing!

And don't forget to use this link when making purchases on Amazon. 


5 comments:

  1. That's not you cutting back... that's you expecting others to make sacrifices you can't be bothered to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying nothing but blessings over you this morning

      Delete
    2. Kate from NY. Nothing else.

      I think you owe this lady an apology. She is giving up way more than coffee. I don't know her at all - you seem not to know her either. And I don't think what she is asking is much. Instead of hating, why don't you try to show some love and support? Having adopted myself, I know the sacrifices. If you call giving up coffee for a week or month a sacrifice then you have not done any in your life. Give up trolling, find a hobby, change jobs, start making a difference to others on this planet. Above all, find Jesus.

      Delete
  2. I think this is a beautiful thing! Praying for you and your family as you keep taking steps of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adopting is a great thing! It takes a lot of care, love and hard work! We meet nearly a family every week adopting a child or two and God must smile down as we take care of His orphans, His children.

    ReplyDelete