Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It hit me like a ton of bricks...a man (who I greatly respect) made a comment about the church building orphanages. My first reaction was joy as orphaned children are my passion and calling. But then my spirit heard another Voice and I realized that the church was never meant to build orphanages. We may be called now, but it's only because we forced God's hand. It sounds strange. How can people force God to do anything? Because He gives us free will and we often use it to tear down what He meant for our good. It started in the garden and we messed that up. The same is true of orphans, they were never meant to live in orphanages. God may be calling His people to build them but it's only because we are still refusing to obey His other calling. Children are supposed to be in families, their own families. Restoring families should be our first goal. It's a fallen world and that's not always a possibility. I think that's why He demonstrated adoption for us. It's His "plan B."  Would you believe that there are approximately 15 times more Christians than orphans. FIFTEEN TIMES! That's inexcusable.
Normally I would keep a word like this to myself. I worry too much about offending someone. However on the way home I started to share with Jacob and he stopped me and said that he received the same word. So I'm going to risk offending you and just ask you, what are you going to do about it?

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin"  James 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment