Wednesday, October 10, 2012

21 days

The day we received the heartbreaking news we committed 21 days to prayer and fasting. We were begging God for a miracle...for some sort of direction. You see the region our babies are in is difficult at best. We have no legal hold and no one to help us. We are flying blind and with no flying experience. So for 3 weeks I've pleaded and quite honestly we have really struggled. Adoption is such a faith walk regardless, but trying to adopt kids who are considered unavailable for adoption takes a little extra faith and a whole lot of hope.

So Monday was the 21st day and nothing had really changed and I was beginning to feel some doubts. At midnight (the very first moments of day 21) I was searching the internet...again. I have searched their names with various combinations of the city they are in, orphanage name...everything just desperately trying to find out anything about them. And though I'd tried a hundred times and found nothing, this time was different. I stumbled upon a blog of another mom who is an adoption advocate who had written a post on our Sister!!! It was an older post but it was my girl! So I immediately left a desperate comment with my contact info and went to bed praying she would help me. Of course I checked my email the second I woke and found a message with a phone number of a different mom (friend of the blogger). I called and was thrilled to find that she too had loved my Sister. They had actually tried to adopt her a year and a half ago before she was eligible (do to laws on age for international adoption) and had adopted another angel from her orphanage. They have been praying for her rescue ever since. She had more info on her than anyone I had spoken with so far and pictures and videos!!!! Can you imagine?!!!!! I have watched them a hundred times! My little girl playing and dancing. There is no doubt she's a Holt. She's got our moves. She looked like she was in the middle of a Holt family dance party. I even got some pictures of her as a toddler. I feel like I'm getting a glimpse of the years I've missed out on. It was a precious gift from a loving Father reminding me that He's got this.

 http://youtu.be/sHYpRdqn4lc
My girl is the cutie on the left at the beginning in the red dress and white headscarf with pink flowers.. If you watch a few minutes you'll see her marching to the beat of her own drum on the outskirts,throwing in some classic Isaiah moves!

She also still has contacts there and is helping me. I do not believe in coincidence but in an omnipotent, omniscient God who is working all things for the good of those who love Him... I feel the mountains trembling again and I am not afraid

I have been pleasantly surprised at the support we have gotten in our decision to adopt. However I feel the need to address one thing. I've been asked why we don't just adopt an available child since there are so many in need. I really do understand that question. I imagine I'd be asking the same thing if it were someone else. But I know that we were drawn/called to Captain and Sister. They have a permanent place in our hearts. I do hope to adopt another waiting child some day but for now we are fighting for these 2. They were not domestically adopted out from under us (which we have always known was a possibility). They did not pass away. They are still there...waiting. No one is coming for them. The agency described them as "trapped". These kids, our kids need someone to fight for them and that's exactly what we plan to do. So please join us? I've said before that we are not battling against flesh. This battle will be won in the spirit and we need all of our prayer warriors fighting with us. We are so thankful for those that already are.

 "O Lord, there is none like you to help, between the mighty and the weak. Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this multitude. O Lord, you are our God; let not man prevail against you." (2 Chronicles 14:11 ESV)

 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God." (Mark 10:27 ESV)

 "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you." (Joshua 3:5 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment