Friday, October 26, 2012

A Full Kind of Empty

Who knew a heart could feel so empty and yet so full! The Christmas presents I ordered Captain and Sister came yesterday. I knew all along they wouldn't be here by Christmas but they were already part of our family, and I knew they would at least be home by summer and it just felt...right. I made the mistake of taking Captain's out of the box. It's his. He may have never touched it but in my heart I was holding something that belonged to him. I can't imagine how silly it sounds to everyone else. Even I can't understand how I can feel so much heartache over someone I've never met. But I do.

How do you fall in love with a photo? How can one heart love so many?

I remember when Isaiah was a baby and I knew I could never love another child the way I loved him. I actually felt incredible guilt throughout my pregnancy with Melo. I just knew it was impossible to divide that love. And then I saw her. She was fat and wrinkley and red. She had black hair and eyes and looked nothing like me...but she was mine and suddenly I got it. My love was not divided. It was multiplied. With each addition to our family I have been amazed with the ability to love so much! I hear it everywhere I go. "Are those ALL yours? Bless your heart!" I feel sorry for them. They don't understand just how blessed my heart is! Each child brings the blessing of more love to give and receive!

I spend a lot of time searching the orphan listings. Deep down I hope to find Captain and Sister.  Every morning (and often during the night) I check and recheck.  Maybe it was all a bad dream? Maybe just a mistake that's been fixed?  They might be there this time....Even though I have been disappointed time and time again when they are not there I will not stop. I would rather live each day with hope, even at the risk of being let down then to live hopeless.

And I love so many more. Not the way I do Captain and Sister, but I do care deeply for so many children. He has again multiplied my love. We pray for them often and rejoice when one of them is chosen to be part of a family. Beatrice is one that I have loved for some time now. I can't tell you how it has blessed my aching heart to feel the body of Christ rising up to meet her needs. The fundraising is already coming along so well. Seeing hope brought to her situation brings both hope and healing to my heart. Thank you!

It was a hard decision to take on this project. I've been selfishly holding back our money and fundraising ideas for our adoption, but I really felt God lead us to be Christmas Warriors this year. He encouraged me to give 100% for Beatrice and trust Him to provide when it's our turn. Reluctantly I agreed and how blessed I have been already!

"In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" (Acts 20:35 ESV)

"Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you." (Luke 6:38 ESV)

The "Miles for Beatrice" project is going well. I'm getting those miles in and thrilled to see so many pledging their support and even starting their own "Miles for Beatrice" projects! We still need more pledges. Please contact me by email (sarah.m.holt@gmail.com) or FaceBook to learn more and pledge. I am also taking orders for homemade tamales. They are $15 for a dozen and will be delivered fresh November 3. I can only offer a few dozen more before I have to stop taking orders(she can only make so many in a day) but I will do it again in a week or 2 if we have enough interest. Please email of FB me to place your order. For other ways you can help read my previous post.

One more easy thing you can do!
There is a company giving $50,000 to the charity with the most votes. It ends in just a few days but you can vote every day until then. Reece's Rainbow is in 2nd place. Please take 10 seconds to vote for RR! The money will be divided between these 10 sweet children who need homes.

VOTE HERE


Thank you all for your support. This sweet girl has no idea how many are praying for her rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment