Monday, October 22, 2012

Take up the cause of the fatherless

Waiting, waiting, waiting...
That is literally all we can do. Everything is completely out of our hands and information is hard to come by.  I feel like I am learning to trust God more than I ever wanted to. I have no choice.
Emotionally it's still a rollercoaster. I feel pretty good most of the time, until I don't. Sunday at church I saw a girl wearing a Cookie Monster shirt just like my Captain in the only photo I have of him...just one
It hit me that that one picture is all I have. I know a lot more about Sister, but of him that's it. I don't know his birthday, how long he's been there, what he likes/dislikes....nothing
And worse than that he doesn't know me. He doesn't even know I exist. He has no idea how much he is loved, longed for, prayed for...

 "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14

I have finally concluded that its out of MY hands and there's nothing other than praying I can do for my kids right now, BUT there are so many others! So we have decided to participate in Reece's Rainbow's Christmas Angel Tree Warrior program. There are still many orphans in need of a Christmas Warrior if you feel led.

 "Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed.Take up the cause of the fatherless;
    plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17
 
From November 1 to December 31 we will be raising funds and awareness for a special little girl. if you follow my FaceBook you've probably noticed that our family has loved her for a while and now we have a chance to help find her family and raise money towards her adoption.
Meet Beatrice
Imagine being in a crib all day with no one to love on and play with you
Imagine also not being able to see or smell
That is her life EVERY DAY
She desperately needs a family to love her, play with her and provide the medical care and surgeries to help her reach her full potential.
I need your help! Here is what YOU can do

1. PRAY
2. Advocate on her behalf. Share this link. Spread the word. Help her family find her!
3.Give- there are so many ways you can do this!

I am trying a few things to raise funds and get her story out there.

1.We will be hosting a couple of poker tournaments. If that is some thing you would like to participate in please contact me by FB or email (sarah.m.holt@gmail.com)

2. I am running Miles for Beatrice. I am asking for pledges (10, 25 or 50 cents per mile) for miles run between now and Christmas day (with a max of 150 miles). To pledge you can email me or post to this FB group where I will be updating as I log miles. Some people are pledging and running miles themselves too!

3. Hosting a 5k...maybe?
This is dependent on donations from sponsors. I need  the money to plan and hold the event first. So if you or someone you know have a business that would like to be a sponsor just email or call (817.988.3974)
It is a great chance to advertise and save a life at the same time.

4. Shop! I will be donating 100% of the profits from my Scentsy and BeachBody businesses for the rest of 2012


 5. Go on a date! I would love to have your kids come play while you go out. Call, FB or email to book a Friday or Saturday evening while there are still spaces available.

6. Pamper yourself! My sister Hannah Jones is a Mary Kay sales director and has donated 10 Miracle Skincare sets! They are $100 each and all of the money will go towards bringing sweet Baby Beatrice home! To purchase yours just email Hannah at hannahjonesmk@gmail.com.

    



2 comments:

  1. Hi! Sweet Beatrice was brought to my attention by a fellow adoptive mother in our Facebook group, "Adoption Friends". I just wanted you to know that we are advocating and praying for her too!! Thank you so much for taking up her plight to find her parents- you are a great blessing! I live in Michigan and I am guessing you do not, however, if I can help through my blog or Facebook account, I would be happy to! :)

    Regards,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everyone for helping me push this beautiful little girl Beatrice! Could not do this without ya!!! Thank you Thank you!

      Delete