Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Bigger Vision

My passport came yesterday. I paid about $300 to have it expedited when we needed it to send our paperwork in this month. It was a little heartbreaking to open. At least it will be ready when I need it.

A few new minor developments this week but honestly nothing definite so I'm hesitant to say anything. I did finally hear back from THE guy- the one everyone says you want working your case. He told me that the orphanage would continue to appeal the court's decision but that there was nothing we could do to influence the outcome. Clearly this man has not witnessed the power of a praying Mama!

 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12 ESV)

 We are healing and feeling hopeful....even allowing ourselves to daydream again. We were joking last night about the handful Gator and Captain will be together...oh my! Can you even imagine the stunts those two will pull! I always said Melo would be my life's greatest challenge but greatest joy....then we had the Gatorbug! He is such a little ball of energy and keeps us on our toes. Captain has the same spark in his eyes. I bet they're two peas in pod.


 Please don't stop praying for things to move quickly! They need to be home with their family....and we need them too.

 I can't help but wonder if things had gone just as planned we might have missed the bigger picture. Maybe we would have been content. Maybe He wants more from us and we need this time to see that???
Every night I look through the orphan listings I see dozens of little angels that would fit so nicely in our little family. It started with Captain and Sister but my dream is so much bigger! He is birthing a vision in me for something greater, something beyond our little family and I am so excited to see how He brings it about!
 I just can't see anything the way I used to. They are constantly on my heart and mind, all of them. I don't expect our journey to be easy but the thing is, we know now. Our eyes have been opened. I'm beginning to see the world through His eyes and I can't just sit back and do nothing now.

  "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." (James 4:17 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment